Happy New Year!
Just back from a couple of weeks off on a small pacific island ignoring the existence of the internet. A few observations from my break.
- I read 8 books, 3 in print, 1 on the Sony reader and 4 on my iphone
- A Sony Reader fits nicely in a ziplock sandwich bag for reading on the beach
- Having no electricity is not an issue – a Powermonkey Solar charger kept my devices charged throughout a week-long post Cyclone electricity outage
- I saw my first kindle in the wild – being used next to a swimming pool at a flash resort
- I saw my second kindle in the wild when friends brought one over on the day of our return
- Apparently, it was a big Christmas day for kindle which saw e-book sales beat print book sales at Amazon
And one more thing – there’s an Apple event scheduled for January 27th. Maybe 🙂
Happy new Year!!