Easing into 2010 with quick links to a couple of fun lists. First from the Daniel Finkelstein on The Times Online, with 2009’s top 10 pirated books:
2. Adobe Photoshop Secrets
10. Fix It – How To Do All Those Little Repair Jobs Around The Home
Not a lost symbol in sight 🙂
And then from Beth Carswell at AbeBooks, the top ten reasons why we have stacks of unread books on our shelves:
1. It’s a book I feel like I should read.
2. It’s part of a series, and I haven’t read the earlier ones, yet.
3. Everyone I know is recommending it.
4. It’s intimidatingly enormous.
5. It’s a classic.
6. My reading stacks get wildly out of control.
7. The siren call of the bargain bin.
8. The author wrote something else we like.
9. It’s a textbook or an assignment
10. We have a friend/crush who works at the bookshop, or in my case…
At least on your kindle, they won’t be collecting dust…